The main emphasis of this programme is on improving and ensuring safety through the use of owner / user or third-party inspectors specialised in Oil and Gas requirements in a manner that protects employees, the public, and the environment.
• The course also provides the understanding of the welding requirements for fabrication, inspection and testing portions of ASME Codes for new construction and how they work with API Codes for post construction inspection, repairs and alterations.
• It provides the process, oil, gas, petrochemical and other process industries with the assurance that personnels trained and certified under this internationally recognized programme have the required knowledge and experience for the job in the field.
• Course participants aspiring to be certified by American Petroleum Institute will undergo a rigorous programme to get them well versed with the various code books and standards, including API Standards that cover maintenance, inspection, rating, repair and alteration of related equipments.
The course will provide participants with the knowledge necessary to:
• Successfully pass the applicable API certification exam
• Effectively use major codes: American Petroleum Institute and ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
• Use API’s requirements during inspection, repairs, and alterations
• Scope and Definition
• Welding Inspection
• Welding Processes
• Welding Procedure
• Welder Qualification
• Welding Materials
NO Course pre-requisites requirement. However, participants who wish to sit for the API exam should have an experience stated below.
• Welding Engineers, Welding Inspectors, Welding Supervisors, Foreman, NDE Examiners and those seeking an understanding of welding QA/QC will find the course useful.
• Personnel working in the process, oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of welded components and related facilities.
• Inspectors, engineers, maintenance and QA/QC personnel who work for owner-user companies, inspection companies, fabricators, maintenance service and repair companies, and EPC's
• Facilitator lead classroom training modules with study of API and ASME Codes
• Reviewing example problems and solutions
• Solving practice problems and reviewing detailed solutions
• There will be quizzes throughout the course.
Proceed to payment page