• The main emphasis of this programme is on improving and ensuring safety through the use of owner / user or third-party inspectors specialised in piping equipment in a manner that protects employees, the public, and the environment.
• The course also provides the understanding of the fabrication, inspection and testing portions of ASME B31.3 for new construction and how they work with API 570 for post construction inspection, repairs and alterations.
• It provides the oil, gas, petrochemical and other process industries with the assurance that piping inspectors trained and certified under this internationally recognized programme have the required knowledge and experience for the job in the field.
• Course participants aspiring to be certified by American Petroleum Institute will undergo a rigorous programme to get them well versed with the various code books and standards, including API Standards that cover maintenance, inspection, rating, repair and alteration of piping equipments.
• The course will provide participants with the knowledge necessary to:
• Successfully pass the applicable API inspector certification exam
• Effectively use major codes: American Petroleum Institute and ASME Codes
• Perform basic calculations needed for the API exam (e.g. tmin, Test Pressure, Maximum Allowable
• Working Pressure, Corrosion Rates, Remaining Life, Inspection Interval etc.)
• Use API’s requirements during inspection, repairs, and alterations
• Review of Welding Procedures (WPS / PQR) and Welder Performance Qualifications (WPQ)
• Facilitator lead classroom training modules with study of API and ASME Codes
• Reviewing example problems and solutions
• Solving practice problems and reviewing detailed solutions
• There will be quizzes throughout the course.
• There will be reading and take home assignments
• There will be LAST SPRINT REVISION prior taking the official API examination
• NO Course pre-requisites requirement. However, participants who wish to sit for the API exam should have an experience stated below.
• Personnel working in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of piping and related facilities.
• Inspectors, engineers, maintenance and QA/QC personnel who work for owner-user companies, inspection companies, fabricators, maintenance service and repair companies, and EPC's from petrochemical plants, refineries, power plants,gas / oil pipeline companies, and palm oil mills
As per above
Proceed to payment page